Check-ups and Regular Care
We are passionate about helping our patients achieve and maintain excellent oral health. We encourage regular attendance for oral health checks, as this way we can help you keep your smile in tip-top condition.
Dental check-ups and oral cancer screenings are important because, as with many medical problems, the earlier one identifies a problem and treats it, the better the solution will be. Prevention is always better than cure.
- During your initial dental examination you can discuss any dental problems and treatment options you may have in mind and ask questions.
- Your dentist will ask if you have any medical problems, as this may have an effect on your dental treatment.
- Your dentist will carry out a thorough examination of your mouth. This involves checking each tooth and assessing of your gums and cheeks, tongue and palate. This is important for oral cancer screening as well as other diseases of the mouth.
- When the dentist checks your teeth they will look for any cavities and any problems with your existing restorations.
- To help investigate any problems with your teeth the dentist may need to take x-rays.
Are you nervous about visiting the dentist?
Don’t worry if you haven’t seen a dentist in a long time. We see many patients who haven’t been for many years and we have helped hundreds of people restore their smiles. Don’t be embarrassed if you haven’t been for a while, we’re very sympathetic and we will have seen it before.
If you would like to book a check-up with one of our dentists please call our receptionist on 01904 623438.
Call us now on 01904 623436